Economic Thought journal is a leading academic journal, published by the Economic Research Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. The journal has been published continuously since 1956. It took over and built on the traditions of the Economical Thought journal, founded in 1929 by the Society of Academic Economists in Bulgaria.
Annually 6 issues of the Economic Thought journal are published in electronic form and hard copy. Eligible for publication are original manuscripts in Bulgarian, English, and French languages.
ISSN 0013-2993 (print), ISSN 2815-3189 (online)
Aims and Scope
The Economic Thought journal publishes original manuscripts on the development of economic theory and its application in economic practice. The journal accepts research from the orthodox and heterodox schools of Economics. The journal seeks to give way to innovative ideas and concepts, promote discussion, and reflect the richness of the economic heritage, interpreted from the point of view of contemporary economic development.
This website was created with the financial support of the Science Fund at the Ministry of Education and Science.
Special attention in the journal's editorial policy is accorded to:
- Economic growth and sustainable economic development
- Socio-economic reforms in developed and developing economies
- Economic policy and the role of the state
- Monetary and fiscal policy
- Banking and non-banking financial institutions
- World economy
- Sectoral and regional studies
- Financial, labour and commodity markets
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Modern methods of enterprise management
- Global value chains
- The digital economy
- Human and social capital development
- Crisis management
- Lessons from the economic legacy